LogicsOne is a leading cloud management consulting and integration firm that helps clients fully virtualize their environments and transform their datacenter and IT operations to effectively leverage the power of cloud computing. The company’s deep technology expertise, broad engineering certifications, and vendor agnostic business model offer clients a strategic, cross-platform, proactive approach to designing, deploying and supporting modern IT environments.
We are seeking experienced VMware Consultants for a role in the Northeast or Southeast regions to provide customers with technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of LogicsOne solutions and related technologies. This position requires the ability to execute projects independently and to implement high-quality technical solutions based on industry best-practices and complex business and technical requirements. Ideal candidates must have a strong technical resume, experience developing custom automation, while provide high quality of services to our customers and able to develop and maintain excellent relationships coupled with a proven track record of success.
- Develop and implement short and long term architectural plans for the physical and virtualization layers, including technology choices and refresh cycles
- Perform needs analysis, information gathering on client expectations and technical baselines for writing or technical review of Statements of Work
- Perform consultation, implementation, documentation, and knowledge transfer for billable engagements
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the GreenPages-LogicsOne solutions portfolio and specific practice area offerings
- Assist in the development of GreenPages-LogicsOne service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in which 3 years must be in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer
- 3+ years’ experience with VMWare virtualization technologies, VMware View, and VMWare Server Virtualization products: vSphere 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5, vCloud Director 5.x, vCloud Network & Security, vCenter Operations Manager, vCloud Automation Center v5.x and v6.0 (and/or DynamicOps), and vCenter Orchestrator.
- Possess a strong understand of automated workflows and blueprints as they relate to vCloud Automation Center
- Familiarity with RDBMSes, especially PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development cycles & rapid prototyping
- Interact with customers to understand automation requirements and translate into orchestrated features
- Possess a strong architectural and technical understanding of the relationships between virtual and physical servers, network and SAN
- Solid experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Experienced in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Strong practical Unix or Linux systems administration skills
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Ability to travel up to 70 percent of the time
- VMware VCP 5.0 certification or higher (VCP55 and/or VCAP)
- Application software development experience for one or more of the following: Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris), Windows 2008 and/or 2012 Operating Systems, and systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage