LogicsOne is a leading cloud management consulting and integration firm that helps clients fully virtualize their environments and transform their datacenter and IT operations to effectively leverage the power of cloud computing. The company’s deep technology expertise, broad engineering certifications, and vendor agnostic business model offer clients a strategic, cross-platform, proactive approach to designing, deploying and supporting modern IT environments.
We are seeking experienced Project-based Consultants (3-6 month engagements) to provide customers technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of LogicsOne solutions and related technologies. In this role, you will plan, analyze, design, build, test and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures.
- Perform needs analysis using information gathering on client expectations and create technical baselines for writing or technical review of Statements of Work.
- Assist Project Managers in writing the scope of work and technical assumptions of the Statements of Work or if performed by a provider confirm these two aspects.
- Perform consultation, implementation, documentation, and knowledge transfer for billable engagements
- Provide technical reviews of both existing and potential manufacturers for their technical competency
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate
- Work with the Professional Services organization to maintain both company and department goals
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the GreenPages LogicsOne solutions portfolio and specific practice area offerings
- Conduct consulting engagements and deliver solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Assist in the development of GreenPages LogicsOne service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying GreenPages LogicsOne solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners.
- Provide regular update/reports to the both the project and account teams
- At least 5 years’ experience in Datacenter/IT/Networking Systems Architecture and Engineering, in which 3 years must be in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer
- In-depth familiarity with the growing cloud market and the service, process, and technology changes this market is driving as compared to more traditional IT hosting operational models
- Experience working for or with large service providers and enterprises in a cloud hosting context
- Strong end-to-end Data Center architecture, scalable design, operations/management and business familiarity
- Datacenter Network technologies (STP, vPC, LISP, TRILL, FabricPath, OTV, VRF, IGPs, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, etc.)
- Datacenter Network services including Security, Load Balancing, DNS, etc. at the virtual and physical level
- Storage and Storage Networking knowledge
- Strong knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMvare vSphere/vCloud, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack, Cloudstack
- Understanding of Cloud Computing, Cloud frameworks, distributed applications and X-as-a-Service (X can be infrastructure, Platform, Software)
- Strong understanding of Application Lifecycle, classical and distributed applications, application requirements related to on-premise (classical IT) vs off-premise (Cloud) based application models
- Cisco Sourcefire and Firepower Services experience, as well as other NGFW (Next Gen Firewall) features and capabilities
- Strong understanding of Cisco Intelligent WAN and DMVPN technologies and how to deploy
- Understanding of technology and compliances
- Experience with IT Business Processes/ITIL a plus
- Ability to write tutorials/documentation, give presentations to customers/partners.
- Strong analytical thinking and decision making skills
- Work with various stake holders to lead problem solving, evolve system roadmap and take critical decisions
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus via excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture
- Industry certification such as MCSE, Comptia Network+, CCNA, CCNP a plus
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
This position may require up to 50% travel